Bleeding Power Steering System 1996 Blazer

How do I bleed the power steering system on a 1996 4.3L 4X4 Blazer? I've read some places that all I need to do is turn the wheels from side to side. Is this all there is to bleeding the system?

TOM TAYLOR snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net

Reply to
TOM TAYLOR

Pretty much. Power steering systems are self bleeding for the most part. Usually, my method is to top up the reservoir, start the engine, and go lock to lock. Stop the engine, let it sit for a couple of minutes. If you have air in the system, you will see a lot of small bubbles in the reservoir. After a few minutes, check and adjust your level...start the engine and go lock to lock a few times. As the air comes out, you should notice a difference in the feel of power steering and the noise that the pump makes.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

yes. old john

Reply to
<ajeeperman

Go lock to lock a few times.let it sit (15-20 mins)and top it off.Do this till theres no more bubbles after sitting.

Reply to
D-farr