C10 Question

I'm doing a lot of off roading. Traded in my 1996 jeep last week for an 85 C10, shortbox on 40's. (pics:

Any reason why it shouldn't go through inspection with those tires ?

Reply to
Tal Amir

SWEET lookin Truck if it had something other than 100% redneck all over it due to the paint scheme! The left front needs to be turned around on the rim. Though I cant see the right rear. You might just need to swap the two. I would hate to know how often you will be changing u-joints...lol...

The tires are DOT approved, and as long as none are worn out or cut up, you should be fine as long as your local laws are okay with the tire size. Speaking of size, you might want to check your local and state laws about bumper and headlight height limitations.

I don't know how accurate or how up-to-date the info is, but it might give you an idea.

Reply to
Shades

This one seems better...

Reply to
Shades

Sound advise because this may be a bigger problem than your concerns about tires as this varies from state to state and in different local governments too.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

Thanks for the lift laws links, will look into that... Even though I already got it inspected, guess NJ laws aint that bad :)

Totally right about the paint job.. I bought it like that (yes, from a redneck..) :) and will do something about it as soon as some cash becomes available... I'll drive it mostly off road, so it aint that bad ;)

Reply to
Tal Amir

Reply to
David Johnson

Did they test the brakes. I had an 87 which never would stop worth a hoot, and when I put really large tires on it, it would not "skid" them, even though the entire brake system was redone completely, those brakes just could not hard stop a big tire like this. Test this carefully, as its rude to figure it out in a panic stop. and it will stop, but not like a car.

Reply to
hh

Reply to
David Johnson