changing spark plugs on s10 blazers

How do you change the middle sparkplug behind the steering column?

Reply to
sherrera

Shep

I agree with Shep..Take both wheels off..get a seat, "Wobble" type extension,socket..relax, you will be able extract all the plugs very easy?

Reply to
Andy & Carol

I agree with you both, I had the same problem on my 99 jimmy, wasnt fun looking, but once I got under the drivers side it looked different with a good extension and swivel socket

Reply to
Adam Frazier

You don't have to remove the tire. I've become very adept at doing this unfortunately. I have gotten pissed at it a number of times in the past and just snapped the top off the spark plug with a long needle nose pliers to pop on the ratchet and extention. A combination of extentions will get the job done, but having wobble extentions make this job much easier. I actually bought an extra long extentions just for this duty.

Big Chris

Adam Frazier wrote:

Reply to
Big Chris

How? I've found jacking up the driver's side up helps

Reply to
ken

I actually just had to turn the wheel to the right all the way, then the oposite on the right side to do that rear plug.

Reply to
Adam Frazier

I use a 3/8th drive Knuckle (U-joint) type flex socket, a 20 inch extension, and a short handle ratchet. I don't remove the tires, I just turn the wheels, with the truck on the ground.the hardest part is not ripping the inner fender splash shields (after 10 years those things tear easy). Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig