CHEVY AVALANCHE

No. I don't work on my own vehicle. However, I do "inspect" various things, time to time. Can you assist me in locating the oil filter on a Chevy Avalanche 1500? (First vehicle I've had, where the thing wasn't easy to see, by looking under the vehicle.)

Reply to
CEO

"CEO" wrote

It's in pretty much the same location as it's always been on a Chev engine. Left rear of the motor.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanks. Looked "left rear" and there it was. It's a "PF 59" AC Delco.

Reply to
CEO

"CEO" wrote

Yep...you can also use the PF44, smaller version that they are now coming from the factory with. Why, I don't know, as the 59 fits fine and being a bit bigger, it should give you just that little bit extra protection.

Probably another bean counter thing.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai