Chevy Blazer

I have just finished installing a set of headers on my blazer in preparation for installing a GMPP HT 383 stroker. It sounds wicked bad. Not loud, but nice and rumbly. I'm running 2 1/2 inch pipe from the 4 in 1 collectors into a 3 inch Y-pipe and then into a single 3 inch flow master high flow cat and muff. Sounds really nice coming off the line at stop lights. Gets people looking. I haven't noticed much in the way of incrased hp, but the off idle throttle response is very crisp, and acceleration has improved dramatically, especially at highway speeds when passing, it really gets up and goes. Isn't that the definition of increased hp? And I think that I might be getting better mpg. Not too sure yet. I have to burn some more dinosaur bones to see. I'll keep the group posted on the progress. BTW, I have purchased the HT 383 stroker this weekend from my local chev dealer. I have been saving for approximately a year. But it's on b.o. until first part of Sept. I hope the dated doesn't slip. I'm excited to see the diference between a bone stock sb 350 and the rated 340 hp, 430 ft/lb torque of the stroker.

Reply to
Willis Layton