PING: Paul

Mike says you'll volunteer your steering wheel for an experimental process.

Izzat so?

Reply to
SVTKate

at 30 Nov 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@whatever.complaint.dept] wrote in news:2q%qd.4442$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Are ya talking to me hon? I don't have a leather one but mine is also loose at the top. Looking for a replacement. If I find one I may just volunteer the old one... :-)

Reply to
Paul

Lies! You will buy a brand new leather steering wheel & volunteer it!

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Awwww... bless your heart. I was just playing around, at Mike's expense. If I had a good one, I'd send it to you for Christmas!

SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DID MIKIE!!!!

Reply to
SVTKate

Uhhh... i'm getting better at stick welding..

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

at 30 Nov 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@whatever.complaint.dept] wrote in news:BTbrd.5205$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Ah know you would hon. They are on eBay, the problem is mine is grey and almost all on eBay are black or tan. Which will look shitty in my interior and with a grey airbag module. :-( I've considered a leather one but the ones I saw are all black so I'd have the same airbag color issue. Meaning $$$$ for a new airbag...

Reply to
Paul

Have you pinged Tim ?

Reply to
SVTKate

Did you email Dick?

Reply to
SVTKate

LOL.. nah... but I did plan on installing some Flowmaster 40 series mufflers today. I started at 4:00PM CST.. ended at 7:00PM CST... and I got 1 muffler in. I was triple-checking *everything*. I wanted to do it once & get it done

*right*. So I'm gonna do the other muffler tomorrow. Learned a lot from my mistakes on this one... like checking the hanger position & side it goes on... inlet/outlet of the actual muffler.. check the muffler "angle" as you're re-attaching it to the H-pipe flange to ensure it's straight... next time I'm gonna bring white-out or something with me so I can make marks on the muffler itself & not take so long crawling underneath the car & back out & under again & back out, etc etc. My guess is I can get the 2nd muffler installed in 30 minutes, not including time to bring out tools, lift car, cleanup, etc. Probably an hour total. But it will be done right dammit! I checked extremely thoroughly for leaks by (maybe not a smart idea if there WAS a leak, but..) first making a visual inspection extremely closely... then by pouring water on it in tiny amounts & seeing if any got in anywhere. Third muffler I've welded to exhaust tubing & this time I got NO leaks and pretty decent welds. I got a drill attachment wire-brush to get all the slag off & other crap off after I beat it with the welding hammer thingy. Little bastard cut my thumb, but it works great.

Another thing that works GREAT.... angle grinder! I used an angle grinder with a metal cutting wheel to cut off the old muffler & it sliced through it like butter! Took me literally about 45 seconds to do it! With a reciprocating saw... took me about 20 minutes! I can't even imagine how long it'd take doing it by hand! Eww!

I only have 1 Flowmaster 40 series muffler on there... but I'll be damned if it don't sound GREAT! 1 Flow & 1 Full boar turbo muffler... unique sound, but the other flow is still going on there ;). People around here actually opted for turbo mufflers, SLP Loudmouth Catback, Bassani, etc over Flowmaster.. surprising actually. So I don't feel like I have "yet another Flowmaster equipped car". Sounds great... definitely no HP or TQ gains lol.. although I do suspect my fuel pump is dying... which I'll post another thing about in a new thread.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

at 01 Dec 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@whatever.complaint.dept] wrote in news:bvtrd.880$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

I was going to but due to the lack of a steady job I'm doing contract work. Which was fine the last few months with like 40-60 hours a week. But it dried up 2 weeks ago (Tis the season unfortunately) to like 20 hours and nothing yet this week (being wednesday already) so it'll have to wait until more money comes in... :-(

Reply to
Paul

That makes it pretty tough getting through the holidays. Sorry to hear it Paul!

Reply to
SVTKate