Class Action Suit

I am thinking about filing a class action lawsuit against Chevrolet for knowingly installing substandard brake rotors in 200X Chev HD pickup trucks. Mine has 24,400 miles with soft rotors beyond refurbish specs. Most of those 24,400 miles were highway miles.

I tried to "buy American". That doesn't work any more.

Brakes are not covered by warranty, but most of the rest of the truck still is.

Chev sold me crap. I bought it new. Never again!

Reply to
nonsense

Sounds like a typical two footed driver to me. You ride the brake and don't even realize it.

Reply to
Steve Barker

I have a 2000 Silverado K1500 it has 159, 100 miles and still has the original front brake pads and rotors. I did replace the rear pads around

85,000. The truck was inspected four weeks ago and the pads were still OK although they are getting thin. I plan on changing the pads next week but my rotors look fine. My driving is mostly country (not as hard city) and about 25% highway. I don't have to be the first one away from the light, but I like to be!

Al Bottoms Up Divers

Reply to
ajtessier

I think the original poster's name says it all.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I'm 67 and no kid, especially behind the wheel. I've had lots of vehicles over the years and never a brake failure like this. My 2002 Tauris has 85,000 miles on it and I replaced the front and rear pads/shoes for the first time so I'm no 2 footer.

The rotors on the Silverado are pitted with elongated

1/8 inch holes 1/4 inch deep and, according to the Chevy dealer today, "rotted away" (he meant rusted away.)

The dealer has convinced Chevrolet to replace the rotors under warranty. Saves me attorney fees.

I'm springing for new pads. They're already there working and might as well have all new brakes.

to repeat:

Chev sold me crap. I bought it new. Never again!

ajtessier wrote:

Reply to
nonsense

If handles actually meant anything you'd be DUI.

Reply to
nonsense

As they should. It's still under warranty. Warranty covers the rotors, calipers, hoses, etc etc., just not the pads.

Reply to
Steve Barker

How would you have any inkling of any idea that would even remotely lead you to believe that he is a two footed driver. Pure and unadulterated speculation on your part.

The facts are that GM has produced over the years some crappy brake designs. Case in point is my 1998 Suburban 2500. The front rotors are undersized and the proportioning as it came from the factory, relies too heavily on the front brakes to stop, leading to premature wear and tear on the front rotors.

These are facts, not speculation.

Reply to
Steve

Impossible. One cannot "file" a class action suite.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Reply to
chevrolet

on Wednesday 25 July 2007 06:39 am, someone posing as GeekBoy took a rock and etched into the cave:

I'd like to see a class action suite.

I had a classy suite once in a hotel. :P

Reply to
PerfectReign

Sure one can. Happens all the time.

Plaintiff XXX and others similarly situated.

For class action a lawyer is required.

Reply to
nonsense

After 30+ years of retail auto service, if you have warped rotors at low mileage, you can just about bet you'll find the left side of the brake pedal pad worn off. No speculation, just real world experience.

Reply to
Steve Barker

They weren't warped, they were rusted to hell, terribly pitted, and worn out.

Reply to
nonsense

sounds like too much sittin' around, and not being used, in a salty environment.

Reply to
Steve Barker

LOL, well you've lost any credibility you may have had. Scolding for top posting and newsreaders is as low as it gets on usenet.

(top posted just for your convenience)

Reply to
Battleax

on Thursday 26 July 2007 03:51 pm, someone posing as Battleax took a rock and etched into the cave:

Uh, yeah. Writes the top posting Wintendo user.

Reply to
PerfectReign

It's fun. Gets them every time

Reply to
Battleax

LOL, google adds on your personal (read template) web site, brilliant ! lol. Now that's internet savvy, lol

Reply to
Battleax