compression questions..

I have heard you can put 305 heads on a 350 engine. Will this help me or hurt me ?...I am rebuilding a 3790010 block and the 336 heads on it r okay but prefer to play a bit.. Any info would be great

Reply to
Chevrolet

Can you put them on? Yes. Will it run correctly? Nope. Small Valves and a Small combustion camber will give you a high compression ratio even with stock pistons.

Most 305 heads are 58CC combustion Chamber. the lowest you should go on a stock pistoned 350 is 64 CC's. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig