Replace My Engine

I need anybody and everybodies input...

I have to replace my 305 in my 92 Chevrolet Camaro.

Do I use an Advance Auto rebuilt motor or a Jasper rebuilt motor?

Why one over the other?

Thank You Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Neither. Dump the 305 and put in a pumped 350.

nb

Reply to
notbob

"Charlie"

dump the old 305 and order a high horse power crate engine from gm.

--

S.S.I.N.

Neither, but if you have to go back with a 305, Advance has perhaps the better of the deals and quality. I have not had any luck in the past with Jasper.

Reply to
CBhvac

If you're not set on putting the 305 back in, think about a 350. There are only a couple things that you will need to change in order to put in a 350. The engine block is the same size so motor mounts, intake, accessory brackets, etc. will all fit. You will need to get 350 heads (I don't recommend putting the 305 heads on the 350 though it can be done), 22# injectors, a 350 prom and a 350 knock sensor. This is assuming you don't have a 305 TBI.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang

I'd go with the Jasper engine based on name alone versus Advance Auto. If you have a few extra dollars then I'd recommend going to your G.M. dealer and seeing what they have to offer. I think that they start around $1,200 and come with better warrenties.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

well i was just talking to a friend of mine that works at advance and they told me that they have been having alot of problems with their rebuilt motors coming back.... so i would try the jasper or se about finding someone to help you rebuild it yourself

Reply to
C S