Cracked housing on 1996 Tahoe

350 v8, 1500 4x4....any ideas on what would cause the housing to crack? Cracked between pan and end of unit all the way around.
Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

What, the bell housing? The tailshaft?

Reply to
Augustus

Tailshaft. This is on one of my employees vehicles. He needs to find the cause before replacing the unit...only to have it break again.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

Does the crack go through the mounting bracket? I'd suspect either impact or off-roading exuberance.

Reply to
Augustus

It's right beside it but not through it.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

I think it was his campstove. john

Hello, Augustus! You wrote on Sat, 01 Mar 2008 18:20:41 GMT:

A> What, the bell housing? The tailshaft?

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman