Electrical problem?

I posted to this site on this problem before--twice--and I'm still trying to solve it. Thanks for your suggestions, but so far I'm no closer to a solution. I'm thinking it's electrical because the fuel pump is new, the fuel filter is new and I put a new fuel pump relay in. Two days ago I replaced the ignition control module in the distributor...

The vehicle is a '95 K2500 p/u with a 350 and a 5-speed. The problem is sudden and intermittent loss of power. The engine cuts suddenly for a split second up to a full second. Sometimes that's it for the day, sometimes it does it repeatedly. Sometimes the "event" is precipitated by actuation of the turn signal, sometimes not. I've heard a suggestion that the battery cables are the culprit, but I just can't see that one. If there is never a problem with the battery/starter function, and the charging system works fine, how can it be the battery cables causing this?

I appreciate any input. Thank you.

Reply to
nodecals

I had a corroded fuseable link for the fuel pump on my truck it looked perfect but just lightly pulling on it made it fall apart, it was located under the same panel as the fuel pump relay. On my truck it wasn't an intermittent problem, but guess it could cause one. Check the grnd strap on pass front on engine to frame, make sure not corroded. Do you have any aftermarket alarm(ign kill)/remote start that could be causing trouble....Rico

Reply to
Rico

That is exactly what i said when my 99 tahoe quit and rerun 3 or 4 times on the way to the airport. the starter turned over good and the engine run good even with lights on.

the dash lights would come on for a second or so and then out and run perfectly for a few minutes or even an hour. When i finally removed the battery terminals which looked great outside, i found a hard build up inside the side terminal sockets on the end of the cables and i had to scrape them with a knife and then rinsed with baking soda twice, and to my amazement, the problem was gone and i drive it daily with no problem. john

Reply to
johnny

Could also be a bad connector pin in one of the Bulk Head connectors.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

No aftermarket parts, but I'll check the areas you suggested. Thanks.

Reply to
nodecals

CHECK under the dash up on the steering column is a bunch of wires that plug into a plug there make sure they are tight. my 89 k 1500 kept killing on me and that was the cause

Reply to
Jeff

Just thinking, do you notice if anything else cuts out, blower/ac fan motor, or if wipers freeze for second....if so could be ign switch...Rico

Reply to
Rico