ENGINE MISSES at IDLE H E L P

I have a 1996 Chevy Z-71 with the 350 motor. The truck has over

100K miles on it. It has developed a miss at idle and the check engine light comes on. I am currently stationed in San Diego, aboard the USS Nimitz, and have very limited funds. The truck sat for 9 months, while I was in the Persian Gulf. Upon returning from our tour, I drove the truck back home to Texas and back to California. It ran great and had no problems.

I would reaaly appreciate anyone to e-mail me with suggestions in regard to this problem. Thanks, Steve

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Steve

I'd look into the EGR valve. Mine self districted while my 88 S10 was sitting for a few months (how, I don't know)

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

Is that your solution to everything!?

02 sensors have a tendency to crap out when they sit as well.

First thing is first, he needs to get the codes read and see what is tripping the SES light.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

My mechanic said that when EGR valves get cruddy, that they can decide to not work anymore when you let them sit for too long. Daily driving and keeping in tune helps, but mine was cruddy with carbon anyway. Not sure why. Mine lasted about 60k miles.

Brian

Reply to
Brian D

Yes it is. Adds ten HP! It's just one thing that is pretty easy to diagnose... And most people don't know that it is necessary.

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ