ENGINE HAS MISS at IDLE P L E A S E H E L P

I have a 1996 Chevy Z-71 with the 350 motor. The truck has over

100K miles on it. It has developed a miss at idle and the check engine light comes on. I am currently stationed in San Diego, aboard the USS Nimitz, and have very limited funds. The truck sat for 9 months, while I was in the Persian Gulf. Upon returning from our tour, I drove the truck back home to Texas and back to California. It ran great and had no problems.

I would reaaly appreciate anyone to e-mail me with suggestions in regard to this problem. Thanks, Steve

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Steve

I would start by getting the engine computer code. That can be done with nothing more than a paperclip. Report your findings back here and I am sure you will get a load of help. If you need help getting the codes out, do a Google search on Chevy engine codes. There are a million good sites out there with instructions on extracting the codes. Basically you jumper to of the terminals on the ECM connector under your dash by the steering column. When you turn the key on (but do not start the engine) the check engine light will flash the engine codes that are causing the check engine light to come on. For example, a code 21 would be 2 quick flashes followed by a short pause then one more quick flash. Hope this helps you get started in the right direction.

Tim

Reply to
t_puls

Reply to
bobo

I think Autozone might test it for free. Give 'em a call. Brian.

Reply to
Brian