Exhaust part needed

My son has a Chevy 4x4 dually - I think it's a '92 Silverado - anyway it is a "big" truck.
He is looking for an exhaust "repair" that he saw in a 4x4 truck
magazine some time ago. Seems it is a clam type gadget that bolts over part of the exhaust system and seals it up. I will give you what he told me in a couple of emails:
"been trying to get some info bout this gadget that might permanently fix the exhaust leak at my collectors. I saw it in one of my 4x4 mags a couple yrs ago. A guy came up with this cool idea and had started selling them. It fits together like a puzzle piece around the pipe at the collectors so that u have no bend and the bolts don't end up coming loose. Anyway it's driving me crazy. I know this item would fix my problem, if I could just locate it. This guy was a member of a jeep club out west. He and a bunch of the members were all having the same problem I'm having at the collector and he designed and started making them. Bout around $30 a set. Maybe u might have better luck than me. "
I asked for a clarification:
"the real fix will be a new set of headers. but even then the connection to the exhaust at the collector flange is a weak one. The collector is the big pipe end of the headers. hence collector = all of the separate exhaust tubes collected into one. It's the ass end of a header where it bolts to the rest of the exhaust. Anyway that thing I've looking for will be the answer to the problem. Pls keep looking for me... THANKS"
He doesn't have much time to do any searching himself, so he asked me to help. Also, he is in Maine, I'm in Florida where a vehicle can sound like a 747 and get away with it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.