From smooth idle to convulsions, then back...

83, K-20 6.2l diesel, 3-sp manual.

Any tips to where to look for trouble. I figure if it was a rod or bearings the symptom would not be intermit.

Reply to
jhultman

I wouldn't think it's the timing chain, that just causes shitty everything (in gas engines) and seeing how timing is even more important in diesel... I'm wondering if diesels have EGRs? Thats what it sounds like to me...

Change the cap, rotor, plugs, and wires, and get back to us :0)

-The Lonely Grease Monkey

1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor

"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey