Holley TBI 670CFM Information

I have a 1990 TBI 5.7CI with the full Edelbrock Power PKG. Heads,intake,cam,headers,chip. I very happy with it, but the stock TBI has mucho miles on it. Does anybody have experience with the 670CFM, TBI Holley 2 barrel. With these engine mods, am I better to rebuilt the stock TBI or step up again on the Holley system. Also thinking of the MSN ignition system.

Reply to
cabopeter

If you insist on keeping the fuel injection then step up to the Holley unit as it flows more air and fuel than your stock unit ever will. Ignition upgrades are always a wise investment.

Reply to
Mad Dog

Thank's, I do insist on keeping the fuel Injection. I would like to learn more from people that have switched the stock TBI to the Holley TBI. Is it just bolt on or do other parts need to be modified.If the stock TBI works well for the upgraded HP then I will just rebuild or exchange the factory system.

Reply to
cabopeter

the Holley unit is much better than stock, it is more cost effective to replace the the stock unit in exchange for the Holley. don't get me wrong, the motor should okay with the stock unit........ but it will run worlds better with the upgraded Holley unit. Do a search on "throttle body injection", there is a plethora of info on the web.

Reply to
Mad Dog

Can anyone suggest a company in Canada or the USA that offers rebuilt exchange TBI

Reply to
cabopeter

If you can't find one locally, Quality in New Orleans does, and they run them on a motor on a test stand before shipping, same as their carburetors. First class work. It's not as hard to find a good one as it is a carburetor, however. Just make sure they use quality fuel injectors. Also check the throttle shaft. Good rebuilders will bore and bush a sloppy hole, where the cheap ones don't, or will put an O ring on the shaft in a pathetic attempt to stop the leak.

Reply to
John Alt