I need some 6.2 Diesel Blazer information

Due to someone crossing five lanes of traffic in front of me without looking I need a new 4X4 ride.

A friend told me about a 1981-87 Blazer a fellow worker of his has for sale. We went and looked at it this afternoon. (I can't get up with the owner until Monday). All the info I have on it is that it is the '81-'87 body style, Diesel, 2-door, towing package, auto, power windows, power locks, fair shape. (It is not an ex-military Blazer). Here in coastal NC I don't go surf fishing when it gets close to or below freezing, as I have a gas GMC pickup for a daily driver below, cold weather starting problems with a diesel are not a concern.

What can you tell me good and bad about the diesel? I have a lot of experience with Chevy/GMC trucks but never with a diesel. If its too bad will a small block bolt up to the transmission. I have plenty of small block gas engines that I put in power boats, if I need to drop one in it.

not a bad engine, but not much power, without a turbo or two. I'd check with Banks because I know they offer kits to wake up these 6.2 engines.

I'd buy one, if it was me looking for one. But, I'd like to have an older K2500 or K3500 with a 6.2, myself.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Reply to