knock sensor

What is the compression ratio of your motorcycle?

Reply to
First Last

I'd have to get to you on that, I don't know right off.

Reply to
azwiley1

Looks like it is about 9.2:1 CR

Reply to
azwiley1

Yes it is quote true about you in that you do not understand the subject so you discredit it. Ignition timing and poper fuel is VERY inportant to best posible engine performance. Up until 1972, engine had very agressive timing curve but with the advent of emission control in a major way in 73 they chopped compression and retarding overall timing a lot and this was the main reason for the big lose of performance that year and beyond. While it was true that they stared "net" HP ratings too the big power loss was for reasons above. TBI engine respond quite favorably to advanced timing and better fuel, VERY favorably.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

You've posted so many contradictions on so many subjects it's obvious that you don't understand -any- subject.

What is 'poper" fuel and why is it inportant? (maybe you meant 'pooper?' because, frankly, I've cut farts that had better technical expertise than this mush)

Right... before 1972, no one went to a speed shop and bought distributor advance curve kits (i.e., lighter advance springs), and the market for distributor machines was non existent.

Exactly WHAT does TBI have to do with your above mentioned "big lose" of performance due to "chopped compression?"

More miscellaneous ramblings from

Reply to
aarcuda69062

[snip] ___________________________________________________________ SBJ: 4T65E
(Confuses a 4T65e with a 4L65e and won't admit it.)___________________________________________________________SBJ: Dumb brake question
(Discribes the wrong brakes and won't admit it.)___________________________________________________________SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer??
(Claims torque specs are wrong when they are not.)___________________________________________________________SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01
(Snoball breaks these out when he knows he's wrong and doesn't want to admit it.)___________________________________________________________Snoman these are things YOU wrote. Don't like what YOU wrote? Then YOU should stop posting.
Reply to
Heatwave

The subject was YOU! Everybody with a ounce of sense understand's that YOU are a friggin' Idiot

Reply to
Roy

If I can be a little blunt..........the subject was you and I really don't "want" to understand you. Plus I will discredit you every time I feel bored just cause you're a disgrace to anybody that turns a wrench for a living. People like you make people like Gomer Pyle look intelligent.

Ignition timing and poper fuel is VERY

Good Grief .........

Denny

Reply to
Denny
70 was the last year for high compression performance engines.

By 73, the cars were all pigs, and 73 in the 49 states was the first year for the EGR valve.

Reply to
Refinish King

I have to admit:

This shit is funny!

I certainly hope I never get on anyone's bad side.

Reply to
Refinish King

Chrysler didn't drop the compression in the 340 until 1972

My 49 state 72 Challenger had an EGR valve. The 49 state 360 introduced in 1971 had EGR jets in the floor of the intake manifold, though technically 'not a valve'.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

No I have not but in your limited understanding of thing you come to that conculsion to make yourself feel more secure.

A troll answer, attack a typo when they cannot begin to understand the message otherwise. Damn you must REALLY be insecure!!!

Troll, how does this relate??? We went from stock engine to modified ones. I guess this is a vain attempt to try to make yourself look good huh. So sad! BTW, troll I used everytype of distributor made in 60's on and you could not even begin to tell me anything about them. You are a legend in your own mind.

Such a dumb arse. I was explaining the effects of timing on engine operation but again you are always looking for a way to make yourself feel less insecure

Yes this is very true. He is so insecure he tries to attack anyone that calls him out. Unlike him I am not here for notches on my gun grips. Sad part is if he would stop acting like a child he might just really learn something but then that may be beyond his maturity and abilty to do.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Again no post complete without some dribble from Master Troll Heatwave

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Se that is you problem you only have maybe a ounce of sense so anything beyond that level in complexity (which is basically everything) seem like nonsense. The problem is it is not and it is only your very limited metaql abilty that sees it as such. Anone with above troll intellect can see it far different than you do. You are simply to dense to see what you are and what you are really doing here is belittling yourself far more than me.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Gomer Pyle would make you look like Einstien but you are so far below Gomer that things that are really correct look like nonsense to you. So sad!!!

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Thanks for proving you are truly a friggin' Idiot

Reply to
Roy

What is sad and really pathetic is you like the troll you are ignored the rest of the post.

Reply to
Roy

Gee Snoidiot, did this come out like you wanted it to????? LOL

Denny

but you are so far below

Reply to
Denny

I want to know why the hell you all are insulting Gomer Pile by comparing him to Snofraud? What the hell did Gomer ever do to deserve that?

Reply to
azwiley1

Pay attention bozo, there's a fair number of people who agree with me that your advice is shit.

That's not a typo, that's a habit from someone with no discipline, sloppy work habits and not enough intelligence to realize how shitty his posts look and make HIM look.

Pointing out how full of shit you are.

We did? Installing a set of advance springs constitutes a "modified engine?"

Key point here is 'you guess.'

You guess a lot, and then you post it as gospel.

Sure you did. Another wild claim just like the one you made a few days ago that you bought your first car before I was born. You have yet to reply to my challenge to that claim, care to do so now?

Oh, and since when does using anything, distributor or otherwise mean that someone (you) actually understands anything about them?

No shit I couldn't. You're unteachable.

Nope, just an auto mechanic who happens to have real credentials, not the vague veiled pseudonyms that you've been trotting out any chance you get.

Sorry to tell you but, you weren't explaining anything, that is/was just a random bunch of mumbo-jumbo strung together to add filler to an otherwise useless mass of mumbo-jumbo.

Reply to
aarcuda69062