Now I am totally baffled

Im the guy who had 4x4 problems recently. I am really tight on cash and haven't had the time/money to get someone to put a scan-tool to find out what codes, if any, are coming up in my PCM. Now, Its back to the old symptoms of...it goes into 4LO, but not 4HI (well, when I put it in 4LO, my truck is shifting and accelerating as if 4LO works again)

a friend of mine seems to think that I should just, to cover all my bases, replace my PCM and my TC both....would that be worth it on my truck?

Jason Sobol

98 GMC Sonoma 4x4 (also known as a T-15) 165,550 miles
Reply to
Jason Sobol

Do the front tires spin on a loose surface when you nail in when in

4low? If not, its the front axle actuator. If it does, then it should in 4Hi too. Do you have a push button engagement set-up? If so... you poor bastard... JK

What is your truck and what tests have you performed?

Reply to
Shades

find an Auto Zone store and ask them to read the codes... it's free

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

they do not spin in 4HI, and I havent double checked if its starting to do it again in 4LO

and yes, I am a poor bastard...but the truck is finally paid off!!! LOL

Jason Sobol

not to keen on AZ....

I went there and looked into plugs for my 86 Trans Am, they said platnums will not work in carbuerated motors....what does the the type of fuel delivery have to do with what is used to burn the atomized fuel?

Jason Sobol

OK, so what's the problem? If there is power to the wheels when in 4HI and

4Low... what are you asking for help about?

Reply to
Shades
4HI is not working PERIOD....I get no wheel spin in 4HI

with 4LO, its seems as if its working again, yet I dont here my TC engaging like I do....so I am really not sure, Cleveland's not had bad enough weather (since I got my truck fixed recently) to tell if I spin them in 4LO

Jason Sobol

Are there any dirt or gravel roads around you...even a sloppy alley? If the front wheels are getting power in 4low, its probably a problem with contacts in 4hi that sent a signal for the actuator to engage. If there is now power to the front in 4low either, I would first look at the actuator and the wires and connectors.

BTW...What is the truck, drivetrain, and engagement setup?

Reply to
Shades