oil pressure 5,3 vortec

hi, my 5,3 vortec was starting without oilpressure a few days ago and i could hear engine noise - today i tried again and i had pressure.

but when i´m reving to 5500 rpm the pressure gauge goes up to 550 any ideas for me `??

engine has 25000 miles

Jürgen

chevy

Oil pump flow is linked to engine RPM so it is normal to have less oil pressure at a idle but not zero. You should have at lesat 15 to 20 PSI or more at a idle hot. You might check pressure with a mech gage to comnfirm it and I would not rev it to 5500RPM until you get this matter resovled. One more thing, 5w30 is not the best oil to use on hot days regardless of manufacture recommandations because it drains of hot part quicker and has less oil left behind at startup after a hot shut down. 10w30 will do better in this regard in hot weather.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan