Oil use in 1999 S-10

I seem to be using oil in a 1999 S-10 pickup I recntly pirchased. There are no apparent oil leaks with oil dripping onto the concrete drive where it is parked. I see no smoke coming out when I shift, It is a 4 cyl and a 5 speed. Oil is being lost at the rate of about 3 quarts per 1,500 miles. Would appreciate any ideas on where to look for a cure.

Reply to
Dave B via CarKB.com

"Dave B via CarKB.com" wrote: > I seem to be using oil in a 1999 S-10 pickup I recntly > pirchased. There are > no apparent oil leaks with oil dripping onto the concrete > drive where it is > parked. I see no smoke coming out when I shift, It is a 4 cyl > and a 5 > speed. Oil is being lost at the rate of about 3 quarts per > 1,500 miles. > Would appreciate any ideas on where to look for a cure.

How many miles on it for starters and has it had a hard life too and what grade of oil are you using too?

Reply to
SnoMan