Ping: Doc n Gary

Auto repair shops pushing for bill that would force manufacturers to release "secret" codes allowing access to computer systems

you might like this-- Mad Dog

Reply to
Mad Dog

I think it's ridiculous they can actually keep them "secret" while still remaining legal.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

"Intellectual property"

but yeah- it's bullshit.

Reply to
burntkat

. .

if i contribute a couple million dollars to campaign funds and hush money.....could i keep secrets from folks too??

==== ==== snipped-for-privacy@nope.com (Doc)

I think it's ridiculous they can actually keep them "secret" while still remaining legal.

Doc

===== =====

Doc, fer the last time......

he lied to you..... there are no weapons of mass destruction.

now turn that hummer around and get out of there man.....thems bullets you're hearing, not drums beating.

marsh ~:~ ======== ========

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Really? What do you call Sarin gas?

You should know I have extensive training in such issues.

Reply to
burntkat

Hell so do I, as an epidemiologist who specializes in biological weapons I can most certainly say ol' Saddam did have stockpiles of many nasty bugs and toxins; just cause we can't find them doesn't mean they never existed.

I could bury a 60-gallon vat of Botulism Toxin in my backyard somewhere, and it would still take Hans Blix a few days to find it (I'm on a couple acres). Now, if it takes a few days to find it in my backyard, how long will it take to find it in a country the size of Iraq?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Well for the record I have battlefield-type training in NBC detectionand defense...

.. that is to say- NOWHERE near what you know, doc ;)

Reply to
burntkat

I've been trying to get my employers to splurge for the HAZMAT training they do in Alabama, which I hear is phenominal. Put you in a suit, put you in a gas chamber, fill it with gas, then make you do tasks in all your PPE to get used to functioning in it.

The battlefield training would be amazing as well.

Doc

message

Reply to
"Doc"

They put us in the CS chamber with CS so thick you could barely see the instructor. Then, they made us take the mask off and do some PT.

Evil bastards.

More evil- some dumbass put a telephone pole immediately outside the ext of the chamber for no good reason. We had 4 guys in my company in boot meet said pole at a gallop. DING!

The actual qualifier classes were even more daunting.

Reply to
burntkat