Play in front drive shaft

I have about 1/4 inch either direction of play in my front drive shaft in my 91 blazer 4x4. when in 2 wheel full rotate, when in 4 wheel 1/4 inch both directions. when I'm driving down the road I get the sound of a worn U-Joint, is that the problem? any help is thanked in advance.

Reply to
mudmonkey

Shep

when in 4 wheel drive i have the play. when in 2 wheel i can turn shaft fully around with no resistance.

Reply to
mudmonkey

Reply to
Shep

That is normal endplay. 1/4 of a inch is nothing to worry about at all.

Reply to
SnoMan

Hell, only 1/4" of an inch of play is actually pretty good. ;)

Reply to
SBlackfoot

thank you for your reply's, found the problem. rear drive shaft rear U-Joint. the noise traveled. gettin it fixed thursday

Reply to
mudmonkey