Re: Re:_Hypertech_?’s

"Bill69" wrote: > What about buying a V8 crate motor? > That`s much cheaper than a new truck! > > Bill

Have any idea of cost for a new crate motor installed. oviously i want one with good amount of HP & torque. I?m sure it would be cheaper to get the hp in the motor compared to geting a smaller v8 and then adding super charger.

Jusdt checked tracking info my gears are saposed to arive early tomorrow afternoon

thanks

Reply to
Maack

"Maack" wrote: > Have any idea of cost for a new crate motor installed. > oviously i want one with good amount of HP & torque. I'm sure > it would be cheaper to get the hp in the motor compared to > geting a smaller v8 and then adding super charger. > > Jusdt checked tracking info my gears are saposed to arive > early tomorrow afternoon > > thanks

If you take that route one day you will need to beef up automatic and at the very least change torque converter because of different stall curve with a V8 on a V6 converter.

Reply to
SnoMan

"SnoMan" wrote: > If you take that route one day you will need to beef up > automatic and at the very least change torque converter > because of different stall curve with a V8 on a V6 converter.

if i was to switch out the engine i wouldn?t be doing it for a while. It?ll be nice if i can get the gears done tomorow afternoon and see what there is for a difference.

Reply to
Maack

"Maack" wrote: > if i was to switch out the engine i wouldn't be doing it for a > while. It'll be nice if i can get the gears done tomorow > afternoon and see what there is for a difference.

Switched out the gears this weekend, HUGE difference i?m able to spin the tires again (without being stopped in a puddle or on sand) its bene a long time since ive bene able to do that. I know my gas bill will be going up due to my knew ?heavy foot?, hopefully this will were off soon. I also put on a new gibson sport truck exhost system sounds great. thanks for the advice you guys gave me specially Snoman. I got the power back that i was lookin for and also got a nice powerful sound from the exhost. It?s a nice exhost system looks great, exits just behind rear passenger door before tire with duel outlets. Doesn?t have the sound you would her put on a civic or somthin, its a nice deep sound, sounds like load v8.

thanks

Maack