Re: "We are professional grade"

>> This has only been true since the term "SUV" was coined... > >Remember when SUV's were "carryalls"?

I remember when they were called Suburbans.. lol

I used to carry sheets of plywood in the back.. now folks carry golf clubs and groceries in 'em..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I remember International having a "Travelall" or some such.

Reply to
Roy

Damn, you're right.. big ol' hunk like the early Burb..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yup, we are getting old bro.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Nah.. I've been old and didn't like it.. I prefer "aging to perfection"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Works for me!!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Yup, had two of them back in the day when all 5 kids were at home. The

4wd version would get 10 mpg...if you dropped it out of a tree. IHC also made a Scout, which started out about the same size as an early Bronco and grew somewhat as it aged.

Come to think of it, I also had a '61 GMC carryall. Big box, two doors and a station wagon style tailgate. Some ower before me ditched the cast iron POS V-6 and installed a Ford 390/FMX combo. Sumbitch would run down the freeway keeping up with traffic in the hammer lane turning about 2000rpm and getting 17 mpg.

Just more stuff on the list of stuff I wish I still had...sorta like the '68 Road Runner I gave away back in '78.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

I remember those... lol

I drove one around the airport on guard duty at Fort Ord in basic training.. That was about 100 years ago, I think..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yup, probably when ya had to duck the arrows.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Rocks from trebuchets, too

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Works for me.. better chance of replacing my bank balance than my life..