Replacement tires for 2003 Trailblazer

Greetings,

My 2003 Trailblazer came with BF Goodrich P245/70R16 106S +MS Open trail T/A's, I rotated them last week and was suprised how little tread they had after 23,000 miles. I was wondering what tires are the best for replacement. I drive mostly expressway, very little off road

TIA,

Markus

Reply to
Markus

Mike Levy

I recently put a set of Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S (G051) on my Z71 pickup they are P265/75 R16's. They ride great, have little road noise, are 10 times better on wet roads than the OEM Goodyear tires. And it turned it into a Ferrari of pickups in the handling department. I will defiantly buy these again.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

I was looking over these Yokohoma G053 H/T-S tires and these are showing a 3 ply sidewall. Are these tires adequate for towing a 10,000 lb car trailer or would I need something awith a little stronger sidewall??????

Reply to
wolvomite

That entirely is based on what the trailer tongue weight is. They are a 3 ply tires but if you look at the tire specification they are a load range 'E'. Meaning they have a 10 ply rating. You need to look at the specifications for the tire size that you require and then consider the maximum weight capacity of the tire shown. Of course the vehicle weight must be factored in as well. A trailer with a 10,000 pound load doesn't place 10,000 pounds on the truck hitch.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Reply to
Shep

My trailblazer came with BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain but my tire size is a

Reply to
pika