Service 4WD light 2000 Silverado

I have a 2000 Silverado with push button 4 wheel drive selection.

Twice now the service 4WD light has come on, and I am unable to shift from

2wd to 4wd or auto 4wd. Problem went away both times after one or 2 restarts.

I have scanned for codes a few days later and there are none. Shouldn't codes be stored in memory for a while?

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
nobody

Very, very common problem.....

Cold solder joints on your dash 4x4 push buttons....

Replace push button module for $50 or resolder..

I had that prob in my 2000 5.3 Ext Z-71 2 years ago..

Reply to
Dennis Mayer