2000 Silverado 2500 U1026 U1041 Codes

I am getting the U1026 abd U1041 codes on my 2000 Silverado 2500 4X4 with the 6.0L. The symptoms include the battery light coming on and losing power to the following items:

  1. No 4WD lights come on for the electric shift, and switch is therefore inactive. 2. No heat/ac power- no fan, defroster, heat 3. No digital odometer or gear indicator 4. No power to heated seat switch 5. No fuel gauge 6. No transmission temp gauge 7. No cruise control

This sometimes happens for just a few seconds and sometimes for many minutes before starting to work again. The last two times it happened after driving the truck and parking it for a few minutes, such as to get fuel, and on restart, none of the above work. Sometimes it happens when driving the vehicle. If using cruise, it will just kick out, as if shut off. Yesterday when this happened, I was able to get it working again by bouncing the tilt steering wheel up and down, jarring the dash and things started to work again. Another time, all it took was to lower the tilt wheel to driving position, and the power came back on. I have full power to all the above with the key in the auxiliary position, but everything dies when key is turned to the run position. AllData mentions a "Star Connector on left side of I/P behind Headlamp switch".

Any other ideas or possible loose connections to try?

Thanks!

Reply to
twoagainstone