smashing a 1985 and a 1979 K5 together

1979 K5 = rot box, but the frame is actually quite nice and a good deal of it has been covered with marine paint. 1985 K5 = rot box, but not completely gone like the '79. But the frame isn't *that* great, although better than my 1990 GMC V1500 Jimmy.

I was thinking of putting the 1985 K5 body onto the 1979 K5 frame, to make a nice bare-bones beater. Something I can drive into snow banks and crap like that, just beat the piss out of, and not feel bad about scratching it. I used to do this with the 85, but the 79 has a 350, 85 has a 305. Some lift, etc. Basically I would like to strip down the '79 so it takes up minimal room - same with the '85 - but I don't want either to completely die. Call me weird.....

So basically the question is this; with a "quite decently rotted" tub, could one expect to be physically able to pull it and put it back on another frame, or do they usually self-destruct?

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Why would you want to graft them together and then beat the piss out of it? I did that 10 times over with my K5; but not anymore. Too much time and I work too hard for my money for transfer cases, trannys, and rear ends. Let us know what you decide to do. Have fun with it regardless.

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob