"Soft" Emergency Brake

Ok, i have a NBS '99 Silverado and my wife has a OBS '99 Tahoe. The emergency brake on her truck far better than mine. Is it because the tahoe has drum rear breaks or is it just a design flaw. Can i beef mine up?

Reply to
Texas Legend

It is probably because of the Disk breaks. What they do on some cars with rear disk brakes is there is a tiny little drum brake inside the disk hub on my old car it was no more that 4" dia. You don't get nearly as much surface area for braking.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Along those same lines, if you have rear disc brakes, you apply your normal brake pedal then apply the emergency brake. That's what my manual says anyway.

Reply to
John Manner

Reply to
Markeau