rough shift in first gear (automatic), and other questions

i just recently bought a 93 SLT Jimmy vortex with 125000 on it. When it goes from 1st to 2nd gear, it seems to shift kind of hard. But i feel it towards the back of the truck. I don't think its the transmission, it seems like its the all wheel drive. But im not really sure. Also, the steering wheel seems loose and it veers to the right. Will getting the car aligned fix that? The last question i have is about the fuel gauge. All of the gauges are electroninc readings. And the fuel gauge is stuck all the way up. So it seems like i have a full tank of gas all the time. How could i fix that?

Reply to
JimmyVortex

I was always wondering, how can you tell if your drive shaft is going bad. Does the 93 jimmy have a universal driveshaft?

Reply to
JimmyVortex

Of course everything with either front or rear wheel drive would have a driveshaft, it would be the Universal Joint that would go bad, and if it was when you shifted from drive to reverse you would hear a clunk sound from underneath the vehicle

Reply to
Adam Frazier

My '92 Chevy truck shifted hard from 1st to 2nd, especially when cold. I learned to go easy on the accelerator when starting up between 0 and

25 mph.

Lena

Reply to
Lena

so do you think it just how the car is. Im not sure because this is the first truck i owned. I didn't know it that was a problem or its just how the truck is. Some one was telling me it could possibly be a universal joint going bad. But im not really sure.

Reply to
JimmyVortex

Than i think it is the universal joint. It does make that clunk sound when i shift into reverse. Could you possibly tell me anything about my other post?

Reply to
JimmyVortex