Trailblazer

2002 Trailblazer 4wd

Does anyone no if the bad solder joints that were plaguing the full size trucks on the 4x4 selector switch are inherent in the TB's also? My wife's truck occasionally can't make up it's mind on t-case positions..

TIA Thom

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

No....with those vehicles it's far more likely that you need a transfer case module and have it updated to the latest software. For whatever reason (unknown to me) the

2002 model year has to have a new module installed...other years can simply be reflashed.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanks Ian. Now I just need to get my wife to set an appointment... She gets worried that it doesn't work right, but not worried enough to schedule an appointment! sometimes wish I could uninstall Wife 1.0 and go back to Girlfriend 6.0! LOL!

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

Also, any idea what that's going to cost her, err... me?

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

A lot, if you pay for it. I'd be pushing to get it done under "goodwill". It's a faulty module....with shitty software from the factory....why the customer should pay for this is beyond me. And I'm talking from the perspective of someone who prefers that the customer pays for stuff (I get paid more).

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanks for the input, Ian.