Trans fluid in the Cooling system

I got trans fluid in my cooling system, so I replaced the radiator and the upper hose, and flushed the system with a DIY kit. Anyway I ran some Super radiator flush through and I am still seeing quite a bit of fluid in the new radiator. What is the best way to clean out the system do I need to replace all the hoses and do another flush? Suggestions. I don't want to fill it with coolant and have to dispose of that stuff again.

Corey

Reply to
CS

I would find the source of the tranny fluid first. Most likely the leak is internal to the radiator itself.

Reply to
Meebers

I replaced the radiator but the fluid had already flown through the system.

Reply to
CS

Drive it.... The oil will end up in the over flow reservoir... The oil will come to the top of the Radiator when the engine gets heated up.just keep removing the oil out of the Reservoir

Reply to
tom

It can take a while to get oil out of a cooling system. I would probably mix up some diluted Simple Green and run it through the system. Might need to do that a couple times to get the oil out of the heater core and lines and block. The coolant you have can be put into a container and allow the oil to separate out. Then reuse the coolant.

Reply to
Steve W.

Steve,

Have you tried the simple green trick. I have thought about putting different types of detergents in there but I am afraid of causing more damage.

if not i will probably do the following

Replace the rubber lines since they have swelled from the Trans Fluid, I'll try flushing it out again and then just drive it and sift off the top.

I appreciate all the suggestions

Corey

Reply to
CS

Yep, I have used it in a couple vehicles when they got oil in them. You don't need to use a lot. I usually pull the thermostat and then let it circulate with the cap off. As the oil comes free and floats it comes out of the neck of the radiator (or fill location). I use SG because it doesn't create a lot of suds and cuts grease/oil very well.

Reply to
Steve W.