Trans. temp dip stick sensor or better idea?? help anyone

Looking to install a transmission temp gauge on my 2004 GMC auto-trans.Looking for the best/easy way to install the sensor.Read about a sensor that attaches to the tip of the dip stick or might of been a replace stick with sensor,not really sure...anyone know anything about these and where to buy them?? Not sure if my 2004 has a easy to get at threaded plug but this would be a good option also.Would rather not have to drill and tap if I dont have to.Would like to install this gauge myself..any help would be great. :)

Reply to
ballypinballs

KENG

Reply to
KENG

If it was me I would go this route,Along with getting your Trans Temp Gauge you well have a Great looking Dashboard...I have a 2002 Chevy Avalanche 4x4 Auto-Trans and this is what I have on my Truck...Your Truck like mine already has the Factory Installed Connection for the Extra Transmission Gauge that are on these Gauge Cluster Good Luck....Let us know what you do or think about going this way Wayne

Ironworker's Are Always =-HIGH-=

Reply to
Ironworker

My 2004 is a 1500..x-cab gas job. Just bought a travel trailer (loaded

6000lb ish) truck pulls fine. But my thought was to put a single pod on the pillar for trans. temp gauge.That will be the easy part,the sensor is my weak point. Now will my 1500 have this "plug" under the dash to put in a different gauge cluster?

The single pod can be had for $20-30 and a decent gauge $50-80..which would have done for a buck and a half which sounds good to me :) Very open to new ideas on what to use ..new cluster or single gauge...but my biggest problem is the sensor install

Reply to
ballypinballs

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reply to
David Norris

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reply to
David Norris

you people are going about this ENTIRELY too complicated.

Get a $35 trans temp gauge, and install the sensor in a pressure test port on the trans. Done.

No need to install an aftermarket cluster.

Really, now- WHY was this hard to figure out!?

Reply to
burntkat

Reply to
Robert Ball