Where's the number ?

Hi I have a Chevy 350 from about 1983, and before I start scrapping and cleaning grease and oil off of it, can anyone save me some time and tell me the location (s ?) of the engine serial number ?

Thanks in advance for your time

Felix

Reply to
felix

Back of the engine, driver's side, just below the cylinder head on the back of the block.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

that's casting number

used to be a small flat area sticking out in front of the passenger's side head with part of the VIN stamped into it

no more, though

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Reply to