whinning noise after pinion seal replaced

Two things, I have almost 300,000 K's on the rear end, but no noise out of it till they replaced the pinion seal. I am going to have the cover off tomorrow, hopeing it is diff bearings only. It only whins when I pressure on the gas pedal, take of the gas and no noise. Also the mechanic has put in 2 pinion seals and they both leak after about

3000 K's. Either wrong seal,or has not cleaned the housing or the shaft has a grove in it. Can I buy a spacer that moves the lip of the seal into a different location, or just replace the crown and pinion seal, which I hope not to. Also what are the torque spec's on the pinion nut after replacing the seal.
Reply to
pedro

One easy way would be to get another yoke from the boneyard, one with less wear in the seal lip area.

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl