Wiring Diagram

Am looking for a wiring diagram for the rear windshield motor on my

1997 Chevy Blazer 4X4. Have searched the net and came up with nothing!! Any help would GREATLY be appreciated!

Tony

Reply to
tonyynot

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

Tony, I sent you a diagram offline. Let me know if you got it (or didn't) KenG

Reply to
KENG

It just so happens I am working on my Blazer windows. (Full Size) The rear window motor itself is I assume a reversable motor that works via a positive line, and a body ground and a two way switch. My window will go down but not up. At first I thought it might be the motor, but decided to check the switch signal, and it was working on one side, the down side. So I figured to arc the hot side to the dead side and the window went up. So....Im wiring in a switch in a few minutes. The Zone could not get me a replacement, probably should call a dealer, but I always have to be sitting down when they qoute me a price, so Ill just wire in another switch, and be done with it. This aint no Friday night going to town truck, it pulls a boat to get me to work.

Also having a bitch of a time with a door window motor. See my preceding post.

Reply to
Shelldigger

What seems to be the trouble? I have the factory book on the desk. Also own a 97 Blazer as well.

Reply to
Steve W.

Yep, Basically the same motor used on the power windows. Not fun to work on some of them due to limited room.

Reply to
Steve W.

Yeah, but whats the trick? Am I really going to have to take a grinder to the door and cut out a section to get the old motor out and a new one in....or is there a little known tip, secret, technique to to do this? Ill tell you right now the Haynes manual I have is worthless on many accounts, but especially here. They dedicate 1 paragraph to power windows, and none of it explains how or where to do a damn thing.

Reply to
Shelldigger

The window motors all use reversing the power to control up/down. If the window goes down with power the problem is the switch.

The door window motors are fun. The motor and the lifting rack all comes out together on most of them. You have to get the window in the correct position so the rollers can come out of the track. The you reach in and lift the glass up and block it in place.

Reply to
Steve W.

As i said before, no you can tear the door apart, but it is much easier to just grind a nide hole out with a cutoff disk. then it ia easy. old john This is for door panels, i do not know about tailgate door. old john

Hello, Shelldigger! You wrote on Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:53:55 -0700 (PDT):

S> On Apr 21, 7:31 pm, "Steve W." wrote: ??>> Shelldigger wrote: ??>>> It just so happens I am working on my Blazer windows. (Full Size) The ??>>> rear window motor itself is I assume a reversable motor that works ??>>> via a positive line, and a body ground and a two way switch. My ??>>> window will go down but not up. At first I thought it might be the ??>>> motor, but decided to check the switch signal, and it was working on ??>>> one side, the down side. So I figured to arc the hot side to the dead ??>>> side and the window went up. So....Im wiring in a switch in a few ??>>> minutes. The Zone could not get me a replacement, probably should ??>>> call a dealer, but I always have to be sitting down when they qoute ??>>> me a price, so Ill just wire in another switch, and be done with it. ??>>> This aint no Friday night going to town truck, it pulls a boat to get ??>>> me to work. ??>>

??>>> Also having a bitch of a time with a door window motor. See my ??>>> preceding post. ??>>

??>> Yep, Basically the same motor used on the power windows. Not fun to ??>> work on some of them due to limited room. ??>>

??>> -- ??>> Steve W. ??>> Near Cooperstown, New York- Hide quoted text - ??>>

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman

The tailgate window is easy access. There is however another weak spot in the electrical link. There is a safety switch in the tailgate next to the left (if you are facing tailgate) side. After I wired in a new switch(on the dash), I still had problems, window still would not go up, using a test light found I had power to this tailgate safety switch, but not coming out. Tight working space, and tired of dicking with it, led me to bypass the safety switch and be done with it.

Now my door window and the tailgate window are both working, the truck is all tuned up, guess Im ready for another season of digging shells.

et

Reply to
Shelldigger