ZR/2 supsension VS. Stock

Anyone know what the differences are?

Is it just Different rear springs and are the front bars just cranked up?

Can I put the ZR/2 Suspension on a none ZR/2 Blazer?

Reply to
Topprolmc

Yes

No

No

The ZR2 uses lower front mounts for the rear leaf springs, lowering the rear axle in relation to the truck. The front suspension uses different mounting points to lower the components in relation to the truck, it uses longer CV shafts. The rear axle is a shortened version of the 8.5" axle from the full-size trucks. I've HEARD the front portion of the frame is significantly different on ZR2 trucks compared to a regular S-10. This all amounts to a 3" taller suspension and 3"-4" wider track, and you CAN tell a difference. I have a ZR2 S-10 and a co-worker has an S-10 4x4, non-Z and mine looks like a bigger truck, not just taller, but the BODY looks bigger.

Oh yeah, the fenders are different, due to the flares and the liners in the wheel wells are also different to allow for the larger tires to flex into them off-road.

For more info, go to

Mike Levy