[SOLVED] NC Console removal

Anybody pulled the console out of an NC yet? Can't find anything in the Miata.net garage except:

09-17 CONSOLE REMOVAL / INSTALLATION

From the Workshop Manual, but with no accompanying scans from said manual.

Also want to remove the grille. Can't find anything on that either.

thanx

Reply to
McMahon

Yes - to hook up the power for my Cobra CB radio.

Go to your local Mazda dealer and have them print out the parts explosion page for the console. It's not hard but a bit tricky to do without breaking the hidden plastic tabs that hold the rear top panel (at the back of the console, that the back storage door with the gas door release folds down on top of). Once you get that off it's not too bad...

Have fun!

Jon Weinberg

| email: jon at JonWeinberg daht com | web:

Jon Weinberg

359
503 Hope these help.

Jim

Reply to
George Jetson

I believe you'll have to remove the entire front nose to get the grille out.

4749 Hope this helps.

Jim

2006 MX-5 Galaxy Grey Sport / RS exhaust
Reply to
George Jetson

Thanks one and all. That rear top panel (at the back of the console) does not seem to want to move w/o breaking clips and tabs. Goin' slow on this.

Man, the NB console was MUCH easier.

-- Steve McMahon Green '07 Sport

Reply to
McMahon

It does not seem to give much info, but try

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

And the NA required almost no effort or thought and there were no tabs to break.

Reply to
John McGaw

Again, thanks to all. Diagrams got me through. VERY much appreciate. Got it out this weekend and did a little electrical work.

I broke off one of the 'B' tabs from the rear of the 'Rear Cover'. If I did it again, I'd pry the Front of the cover first and then I'd *slowly* work ONE side of the rear cover - get that off (w/o breaking it) and then the other 'B' tab should go a little easier(?).

Now - about that *ShortShifter*

Anybody seen ANY-thing form ANY manufacturer about a ShortShifter for the NC?

One more thing. Working on this new interior was 'different' than working on an NB.

Okay - I'm gonna say this: The parts/tabs/screws, etc. seemed - 'Ford-Ish' - to me.

Reason I say this is that I owned an '88 Mustang and the design, the 'approach' - whatever - just felt more like the Mustang than the NB. When I'd take things apart on the Mustang, I'd break tabs, screws would strip.

The NB never did.

(ducking - kinda)