'06 RL Whining Noise

Anybody heard of this problem? Our '06 RL started making a high- pitched whining noise that kicks in at a certain speed (varies, but mostly around 40-45 mph), increases in pitch as the speed increases, then diminishes in pitch as speed falls off, stops when speed goes below original speed when it started. Hit the same speed, and it kicks in again.

The dealer's had the car on five separate occasions for upwards of 20 days at a time, and they're nowhere near figuring it out. One of their mechanics was convinced it was wind noise coming through the windshield, and over my outright objections, sub-contracted the windshield for replacement. NOW we have a wind noise in addition to the original whine.

The latest news from the dealer is that they're working with the Acura tech group out in Torrance, CA, but no solution as yet. We're growing increasingly impatient - we've had various loaners - TL's, RDX's, MDX's - but sorely miss our beautiful RL. Any observations, comments?

Thanks, Joe in Norwalk, CT

Reply to
merandjoe

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:1175199086.803372.106230 @y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Drive the car without your wife and let us know if it goes away.

Reply to
Nobody