2006 TL Trunk - Should it open when in drive?

I've got a 2006 TL (AT - Navi) and noticed the other day that the trunk release can be activated while driving. Luckily I was in the driveway when I hit the button instead of on the highway, but I was surprised it opened for safety reasons.

Is this normal? Is there a way to defeat it short of overiding the release from the main switch in the glove box?

Thanks! Greg

Reply to
Greg

My '03 and '04 TL and my current '05 RL all act the same way. Personally, I don't see a problem with it but I've never hit the trunk button while moving.

Reply to
Lee Florack

Lee, thanks for letting me know it's normal. Like you say, it's no real problem as the release switch location and design is such that it won't likely get "accidently" pushed.

Greg