2007 MDX and Motorola KRZR contact syncronization

Dear netters,

Just picked up the 2007 MDX Sport. Nice car all around, handling, navigation, etc... Hands Free Bluetooth paired fine with the Motorola KRZR. Dial out, receive calls - all works.

Uploading contacts into the car's phone book does not -

"The phone must support the BlueTooth Sync or PBAP Profile for this feature." - says handsfreelink.com... Fairly new phone, fairly new car... Fairly simple and expected feature, yet....

I was wondering whether this functionality can be programmed into the phone via a software upgrade or some other configuration change?

Thank you in advance!

--Alex

Reply to
Alex

I'm afraid I can't solve your problem, but it reminded me of my problem.

2006 TSX w/o navigation and Motorola IZR(?) - RAZR v3xx. Syncs OK. Answers calls just fine, but when I make a call either via saying the digits or via a car phone book entry, it places the call, but doesn't recognize that the call has been placed, so it never recognizes the person at the other end answering, so I can't hear the person answer and it won't hang up the call with the 'back' button. Sigh.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Do you have Verizon perhaps? They are quite infamous for disabling some of the bluetooth features available on the same phones if purchased for a different carrier.

John

Reply to
John Horner

yes, it is Verizon :(

Reply to
Alex

That might be your problem then. I will probably change carriers away from Verizon when my current contract is up because of the way they crippled the bluetooth connection.

John

Reply to
John Horner

You may want to check out this site

It will show compatible phones and features. According to the site the phone book import doesn't work with Krzr through various carriers not just Verizon.

Reply to
Wade