75K Maintance on 2000 Acura TL

I bought the car without the owners manual. My check engine light came on 150 miles before my 3k oil change. Is there anything that needs to be done besides the oil?

Note: Bought with 69K, was Certified from Clair Acura in Massachusetts.

Any help is appreciated

If possible email me directly at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com or post here :)

Thankyou

Reply to
Andrew.Morocco

That engine light is not a "maintenance reminder". Have your car checked out.

Reply to
Venture Rider

There are two lights. If the one that came on is "maintenance required" then it just thinks you need an oil change. If the actual "check engine" light is on, you have some other problem.

Reply to
E Meyer

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

You can get one on eBay.

See others' replies. Make sure you're identifying the light correctly.

If it's actually the MIL ("Check Engine light"), there is a problem with the engine or its associated controls. Sometimes the MIL will illuminate if there are transmission problems. You need to get a garage to scan for the numeric codes that are set when the MIL comes on.

Is the car still under St. Clair's warranty? If it's the MIL that's on, then St. Clair owes you a check of the OBD-II system.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Man just go to

and get some car details there man. The best autosite on planet, Bar None!

MyAutoMD

These auto groups exist because the wide range of hands-on experience and interactive responses is the next step up from sites like automd.com. Automd doesn't really have anything to offer the OP in this case.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I suggest going back to Clair Acrua and asking them for the owners manual.

---------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

If the car was properly certified it should have come with all the manuals especially the owners manual.

David Short Acura God

Reply to
Acura God

My question would be is it a "Check Engine" or a "Service Required" light?

If it is the "Service Required" Light, that has to be manually reset after each oil change. On the trip odometer, just hold both the select and reset buttons for a while as you start the car. That will reset that timer.

I know because my dealer forgot to reset it once. Great.

Reply to
Nobody

There is a pocket in the left side wall of the trunk for the owner's manuals. Have you checked to see if its in there?

Reply to
E Meyer