95 GSR going over to Ethanol or E85

Greetings I have a 95 gsr that I need to replace the motor and have been looking around to see just what it would take to convert over to Ethanol or E85.

I understand the injectors need to flow more and theres Timing adjustments needed along with new fuel lines, maybe a bigger fuel pump. But as I already need to replace the motor these are not a big deal, so does anybody have any info on how/where I could get the info or premade kits to alter the cpu?

I figure since theres already piggy-back systems for turbo's ,ect somebody already has the info needed to convert over.

Thanks Scott

Reply to
Scott

Maybe not much help (and probably more discouragement than you are looking for) is CarTalk's take on it:

says in part: "Your car's injectors also need to be changed, along with the vehicle's computer. The changes are relatively inexpensive when done on a mass production basis at the factory. But we wouldn't recommend you try to retrofit a car for E85 at this time."

However, that's stuff you indicate you already knew. The warnings are probably intended more for the casually curious. I wouldn't discourage you from continuing the search for a package approach. I just don't think you want to be a trailblazer on this. One other thought - you should decide (you may have already) whether you are creating an Ethanol/E85 only vehicle or a flex-fuel vehicle.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee