bicycles inside an Acura RDX?

I'm considering buying an Acura RDX. The main reason I want a SUV instead of a sedan is the larger cargo space. In particular I want to carry 2 mountain bikes inside. Not interested in external bike racks for the RDX; I could just put those on a sedan. Are any of you carrying 2 bicycles inside the RDX? Do they fit without having to pile the bikes on top of each other? Removing the front wheel is OK. I was thinking of mounting them like this (photo of an MDX):

In order to fit a bicycle in this way, the cargo area needs to be at least

34" tall and 58" long. What is the size of the RDX cargo area? Thanks.
Reply to
johnny