Can I fit a bicycle in a Mazda RX-8?

I want to buy a Mazda RX-8, but need to know if I can fit a road racing bicycle in it. Can anyone answer these four questions:

  1. Can you fit a bike in the back seat area?
  2. Can you fit a bike in the trunk?
  3. Do the back seats fold down to join the trunk and back seat?
  4. Is it a hatchback?

I'm sure I could use a rack, but my bikes are expensive and they aleays travel inside the car.

Thanks in advance, Cowpoke

Reply to
Cowpoke

If you remove both front and back wheels, probably yes. The center console gets in the way of leaving the wheels on. You probably want to put something, an old blanket, on the seat to keep it clean.

Even with both wheels removed, I doubt it. The trunk is not that big.

No.

No.

That's the way I feel about my bikes too. I always wondered why some folks, mostly SUV owners, pay so much for stupid racks that expose your bike to the elements.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez