Can someone help me find more power?

I blew a head gasket in my 93' Honda Accord (10th Anniversary Edition) and now I want a new engine. The engine that I have now has over

200,000 miles and I just think its time for something new. I want to put an Acura engine in my Honda that will give my car more power than it previously had. Can someone tell me what Acura Engine is most compatible for my car and what's the best way to find one?

Phreightrain25

Reply to
Phreightrain25

Maybe you'd be better off just locating a lower mileage Acura..?

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Well, the thing is, I want to make it my project. Plus I've been told that it can't be done. Its a challange that I want to take on. I want to put an Acura Engine in it. So all opinions are welcome. Any more suggestions on what type of Acura Engine is most compatible with a 93' Honda Accord (10th Anniversary Edition)? Thanks.

Phreightra> I blew a head gasket in my 93' Honda Accord (10th Anniversary Edition)

Reply to
Phreightrain25

It isn't impossible. As the song goes, "all it takes is money." That isn't a bad dream, but do research the issues thoroughly before plunking down the bucks. You could end up with a $15K 1993 Honda that performs like a '93 Honda. Once you know how much you are willing to spend for increments of power (say, $1000 for each ten horsepower) you will have a clearer idea of where you are headed. The tough part is the first increment, where you could put down a few thousand to get to where you started.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Phreightrain25" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

Why not try fitting the 2.7 V6 engine and transaxle from a '95 and up Accord? That might be the easiest.

Secondarily the 3.2 V6 from an Acura TL might fit with some fabrication. The TL is Accord-based.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

prior to the TL, Acura sold the Accord-based Vigor. It had a 5 cylinder.

but I have to agree with others, pouring $$ into a '93 Accord is just throwing money into the toilet. a quick search on AutoTrader located a

1994 Acura Legend L 5-speed sedan with only 104K miles for an asking price of $7K (leaving LOTS of negotiating room).
Reply to
ACAR