2.0 FSI or 2.0 TDI?

which one?

i cover cca 10.000 km yearly, so reduced fuel consumption of the TDI is not of any advantage.

FSI consumes less than previous petrol engines...

Reply to
Ivan

2.0T FSI imo, drive it carefully without using the turbo and you got a standard 2.0, but you have the power if you need it.

Don't bother with the N/A engines unless you go V6, 2.0TDI will have more torque but they are rattley :)

Reply to
Ronny

Assuming you can't stretch your budget to the 2.0T FSI then I'd say go for the TDI as the N/A 2.0FSI is gutless so needs to be revved which negates any fuel savings you get from FSI!

Not sure which country you're in but in the UK the TDI will also hold it's value better.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I would not say that the 2.0FSi is gutless. I used to have an A3 with this engine and I found it to be quite powerful. Having said that however, I did just recently change to the 2.0TFSi with DSG and I am absolutely loving it. Fuel economy is fine but a little less when you floor it but I think that the fun you get from the car more than makes up for the slightly higher fuel consumption. Each to their own...

Reply to
Neil Hamilton

Remember the A3 is lighter, but like you say the Turbo gives on the 2.0/1.8 gives you such a grin factor :)

The 2.0FSI is about 800 quid cheaper than the T, the best 800 you will ever spend, and the 2.0TDI is £600 cheaper

Reply to
Ronny