99 A4 front suspension, awd, 2.8

A friend has a 1999 A4 2.8L (awd) and the front right suspension squeaks when jounced up and down. As a former mechanic (not Audi) I volunteered to look at it next weekend. I read back through some old posts and it seems, control arm bushings, sway bar, bushings, or even dry ball joints can be the problem.

In any event, assuming I take something apart, I'll need torque specs when I put it back together.

Does anyone have handy the torque specs for the components of the front suspension? Anyone have a front suspension parts diagram, scanned in?

Thanks for any help and extra tips.

-- GW - note incorrect email address - should be: cybertrails.com

Daily contributor at alt.autos.gm and alt.autos.pontiac

"It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

The DIY fixes do not require any disassembly. Just small hole drilled in the nylon bushings and inject grease. The ball joint

- just inject grease with a needle attachment for a gun.

Otherwise, the lower arm is replaced entirely with ball joint.

Reply to
Tony Johnson

Sounds easy enough, thanks Tony.