94 Sunbird sterring problem

Hi, I recently bought a 94 Pontiac Sunbird with 78,000 miles on it. The car runs fine, but the steering wanders. The steering is fine for turning corners and manuvering the car, but when I'm going down the highway it wanders. This makes driving somewhat tiresome. What are the possible causes of this? I'd like to get it fixed if it's not too expensive. I'd really appreciate any advice or ideas you can offer. Linda B

Reply to
Linda B

Worn suspension/steering component(s). You want an independent repair shop that has an alignment rack, or a Pontiac dealer. (Not a chain tire shop, they will try and replace everything.) Ask friends and/or neighbors for referrals.

-- GW - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

L> Hi,

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Any abnormal wear indicated on your tires?

Reply to
Bonnevilles R Kewl

Reply to
Linda B